town clerk

Marguerite Greco

Town Clerk 

phone icon (716) 877-8800
fax icon (716) 877-0578
email icon Email

map icon 2919 Delaware Ave. Room 14
     Kenmore, NY  14217


Office Hours

Monday - Friday
8:30am - 4:30pm

Passport Office

9:00am - 3:30pm

Tuesday & Friday

Appointment Only


The Town Clerk’s Office is considered the hub of municipal government. Our office is responsible for recording activities of the town government and is the repository of the Town of Tonawanda’s vital documents. My staff and I can assist you with any of the following.

Services Include

The applicant must be the individual featured on the document or the mother or father to the named individual. An attorney for the individual or power of attorney is also entitled to the document as long as proof is supplied.  Proof of identity is required, as well as proof of address for mailed applications. Certified copies are $10 each

Birth Certificate Application


The requesting individual must be a first degree relative (husband, wife, mother, father, child, sibling) to the individual. Attorneys and executors of the estate are also entitled to the document. Proof of lineage (driver’s license AND long form birth certificate) and/or lawful purpose (Executor papers, Last Will and Testament, etc.) must be supplied with the application. Certified copies are $10 each.

Death Certificate Application

Certificates are only available for couples who applied for their license in the Town of Tonawanda. The applicant must be one of  the individuals featured on the document. Proof of identity is required, as well as proof of address for mailed/ emailed applications (e.g. driver’s license showing current address). Certified copies are $10 each.

Marriage License Record Request

The license is valid for 60 days and cannot be issued within 24 hours of the ceremony. Each applicant must be present, and provide a government issued photo ID as well as one of the following… 

          1. Certified Birth Certificate – government issued with raised-seal and translated to English if in foreign language.

          2. Valid Passport

          3. Baptismal record (with raised seal) showing both parents names - baptism
              must have taken place within one year of birth.

          4. Naturalization record - original only

Proof of dissolution for ALL previous marriages must be provided (certified divorce decree, death certificate, or civil annulment)

Online Tax Payments and Information:
Visit to access our service provider’s secure web page that will process your tax payment and provide you with a receipt.  There is a service fee collected by the provider.


Online Payment Method and Fees:

Visa, MasterCard and Discover credit cards 2.45%*
MasterCard debit cards 2.45%*
Visa consumer debit cards $3.95*
ACH Electronic Check $1.75*

*Town of Tonawanda does not receive any part of this fee

Other Payment Options:
Mail your check or money order to the Town Clerk’s office
Pay in person with check, cash or money order, or credit card at the Town Municipal Building

Licenses & Permits

All dogs over four months old must be licensed in the Town of Tonawanda. Applicants must supply proof of a current rabies vaccination (not to expire within 30 days of licensing) and a spay/neutering certificate, if applicable. The license must be renewed each year, in the month that the original license was obtained.

Spayed/Neutered $15.00
Unspayed/Unneutered $23.00
Replacement tag fee $  3.00


 New Dog Application

Renew online HERE

*A late fee of $5.00 will be assessed if you renew your dog’s license after the last day of the month that it is due *An additional $2.00 late fee will be assessed for each month after the first delinquent month, until it is paid in full for the current year.  Example: License renewal is due November 30, 2017 and is paid February 13, 2018  – The late fee that is assessed is $9.00, broken down as follows:  $5.00 (December) + $2.00 (January) + $2.00 (February) = $9.00

Please remember to contact the Town Clerk's Office at 877-8800 to update your dog's file if you move, if your dog dies, or if you relinquish your dog to someone else

General Services

All block parties are pending Town Board approval. Applications must be submitted to the Clerk's Office at least three weeks prior to the event date.  Neighbors must be notified and invited prior to the submition of the application.

Block Party Application

Disabled Parking Permits are available in the Clerk's Office as well as the Tonawanda Police Station. Tags are for Town of Tonawanda residents only. Photo identification and proof of address are required.

Disabled Parking Permit Application

Records Access Officers:

  • Town Clerk Marguerite Greco – 2919 Delaware Ave, RM 14 Kenmore NY, 1417
  • Justice Court Clerk Denise Celafu – 1835 Sheridan Dr, Buffalo NY, 14223
  • Town Police Captain Timothy Waring – 1835 Sheridan Dr, Buffalo NY, 14223

Appeals Officer:

  •  Town Attorney Mario Giacobbe – 2919 Delaware Ave, RM 2, Kenmore NY, 14217

For rules pertaining to accessing public records, click here

The Clerk's Office will provide uncerified copies of a vital record, used for genealogical purposes, as long as the record fits the criteria below:

  • Birth certificates - if on file for at least 75 years and the person whose name is on the birth certificate is known to be deceased.
  • Death certificates - if on file for at least 50 years.
  • Marriage certificates - if on file for at least 50 years and both spouses are known to be deceased.

 Genealogial Search Application

You can purchase a new garbage tote in the Town Clerk's Office by submitting the  attached form by mail or in person. You can also contact 877-8800 X1506 to purchase one over the phone.

First time Passport applicants must supply the following:

  • evidence of U.S. citizenship: long form Government issued birth certificate (photocopy is not acceptable)
  • Identification (valid driver's license or non-driver ID)
    • Applications can be found online or at our office. They should not be signed until they are presented and reviewed. For more information, visit
    • Passport books are $110 and can ONLY be paid by check or money order. Applicants must pay an additional $35 for processing (all forms of tender are accepted) and our $8 photos make our office the cheapest Passport in town!

Clerk FAQ's

The application for a new dog license is available online or in the Clerk’s Office. Proof of rabies vaccination as well as proof of spay/neuter (if applicable) is also required.

The Town of Tonawanda Building Department manages the sump pump inspections, which is required in the town, during any transfer of land.

About the Sump Pump Program
The Town of Tonawanda enacted Local Law 3-88 in 1988 that requires, at the time of property transfer, a certificate of compliance involving the storm / sanitary system on private property. An inspection is carried out by town personnel of the storm / sanitary system on the property prior to issuance of a certificate. 

Installation of a new sump pump or inspection of an existing sump pump is included prior to the issuance of a certificate. An appointment for inspection may be setup through the Building Department at 525 Belmont Avenue or by phone at (716) 877-8801.

The Assessor's office handles all tax exemption questions.