The grinder pump can handle any wastewater that is normally discharged to the sewer from the kitchen, bathroom or laundry. Some chemicals and materials may cause operating problems or safety hazards. It is advisable to check labels on chemicals prior to their disposal. Never connect a sump pump to the grinder pump.
Never put any of the following materials into sinks, toilets or drains:
- Glass, metal, wood or seafood shells
- Papers, socks, rags or cloth of any kind
- Plastic objects (toys, eating utensils, etc.)
- Any strong chemical, toxic, caustic or poisonous substance
- Degreasing solvents
- Any explosive or flammable material
- Gasoline, kerosene, fuel oil, paint thinner or antifreeze
- Lubricating oil or grease
- Cooking fat (lard, oil, grease)
- Hair clippings
- Coffee beans
- Egg shells
These materials may clog your home system or create unsafe conditions in your lines and tank.